Saturday, January 21, 2017

THE FOUNDER


The Founder Film is an extraordinary movie... the 2016 biographical drama starring Michael Keaton as Ray Kroc portrays the true story of his acquisition of the McDonald's fast food chain from actual founders Richard and Maurice McDonald (Nick Offerman and John Carroll Lynch, respectively), but it's really about a lot more than that...
The film is entertaining and educational, but also quite dark and disturbing on many levels...it's a fascinating observance of success, and how different people define it differently...it's also a poignant statement about the American dream and the sacrifices that some people are willing to make to achieve it...
Keaton's performance is both understated and brilliant at the same time...Oscar buzz about it doesn't surprise me, and is well-deserved in my opinion...
This is a good one...

Jay Lamm Thanks
I was on the fence about seeing this one.
Leslie Holloway I am a Michael Keaton fan after seeing him on Fallon a few years ago. Makes me want to rewatch all of his stuff and appreciate what a cool guy he is.
Avery Price Rogers I remember watching them change the "numbers of burgers sold" on the signs...it was engaging to watch in real time. For that, I was interested, but your review puts it on my "for sure" list 
Angela Allan And also filmed in GA 
UnlikeReply1January 21 at 10:36pm

Henry Smith Loved Keaton in the film Spotlight and I've noticed that there seems to be an added depth to his performances as he gets older.
JB Wanza Jr. Another good film shot here in Atlanta...

No comments:

Post a Comment