Friday, January 12, 2018

MOVIE MINI-REVIEWS




Just a quick word about a few flicks I've seen lately:

Loved The Greatest Showman as a movie, even though I know it's not really the actual story of P.T. Barnum...didn't write an official review of it because there's no way to do that without it appearing that you're sanitizing history too much, but I did discuss it in light of parallel realties and perception at #METRON if you're interested (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNr3LbI6BSU)...that being said, it has what is possibly my favorite soundtrack from any musical, and the song 'This is Me', is, in its own right, one of the most powerful anthems for the disenfranchised and marginalized ever written...

Took my granddaughters to see Ferdinand...very well done with a positive anti-violence message...good for the kids...enjoyed...


Star Wars: The Last Jedi was good, even though the whole franchise seems to be running together in my mind at this point, and I can't seem to distinguish one from the other...apparently I dozed off during the most important part when Yoda appeared and discussed spirituality...may need to catch it again to see that part...

I, TONYA is wildly entertaining in a kind of disturbing way...not a happy film, but infinitely watchable...Oscar-worthy performances from Margot Robbie and Allison Janney...

No comments:

Post a Comment