Friday, January 13, 2017

ROGUE ONE: Star Wars



We saw Rogue One: A Star Wars Story 2016 Movie HD while we were in PCB, and it was cool...first time seeing a flick in both 3D and D-BOX, which is an immersive cinematic motion technology that syncs with the action on screen, making it sort of like a ride...
I was concerned that the effect might be a little nauseating, but it was fine...don't think it's going to be my preference for future movie viewing, but it was Star Wars and we were in FLA, and we were with friends, so it just seemed like an appropriately fun thing to try...
Anyway, concerning the film itself, I'm actually pretty old school when it comes to the SW franchise, so the original trilogy is still my favorite...but George Lucas' universe has become so much a part of our collective consciousness that I feel obligated to see every one of them, whether I like them or not...
I admit that I did get a little lost in the story, but generally enjoyed it...I particularly liked the use of cameos of some of the original characters, especially Peter Cushing as Grand Moff Tarkin...when I first saw him appear on the screen I thought, "There's no possible way that Cushing is still alive", so I googled him and saw all the articles about how they digitally re-created him for this flick (he died in 1994)...and (spoiler alert) the appearance of a young Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia (also digitally re-created) at the very end turned out to be a powerfully poignant tribute...

L Christophe Carson Thank you! I've seen two SW movies. The first one because of my sons who had all of the collectibles and the last one. I'm certain I fell asleep with the kids. I expected to with the last one because it wasn't the one I wanted to see. Lol I enjoyed it and loved that I didn't feel lost after a generation of time. I went this past Tuesday night. Sadly, I don't like crowds or lines so I left. Sitting in my car doing nothing caused me to miss a timely purchase. lol
Jane Childs Carr Thanks for the insight into Tarkin. I kept thinking,"He hasn't aged one bit!" Now I understand why.
Jim Swilley He was born in 1913...
Ray Muscarello It was very cool and very enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment