Thursday, January 12, 2017

NOCTURNAL ANIMALS

Nocturnal Animals is strangely disturbing, beautifully scary, and quite confounding...in fact, I'm still trying to figure out what it is about, exactly...Judah Benjamin Swilley and I just went to see it, and speculated all the way home about the meaning of everything we just saw...neither of us is familiar with the novel, and I try not to read too much about a movie before seeing it, because I'm such a cinephile that I have a tendency to absorb so much information so quickly that I sometimes can't simply enjoy watching it because of over-preparation...so, in a word, we don't know what just hit us...
This one wasn't at all what I was expecting, even though I'm not really sure what I actually was expecting...I think I thought that it was going to be more of a suspense thriller than it was, even though that's kind of what it was...but it wasn't, really...
Tom Ford has a distinct directing style that I always find visually appealing, so I do enjoy feasting on the cinematic eye candy that he serves up, and the cast is absolutely first-rate...
Don't know if I can recommend, unless you're just a major fan of Amy Adams or Jake Gyllenhaal ...the ending left me unsettled, and I'm still reading about it online to better understand the whole thing...


Matthew Crawley Hmmm. I want to see it, but not at the top of my list. If you haven't seen Moonlight, yet, it's astonishing. Likewise for Manchester By The Sea, my second fave so far this year.
Jim Swilley Yeah, I've heard that about Moonlight...
Melody Osborne Ok Bishop, so I went to see Nocturnal Animals yesterday and I'd have to agree with everything you said about the movie. For the most part I've enjoyed movies staring Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal in the past and I enjoyed this one as well. But that end...See More
Jim Swilley Awesome...I'll check it out. Thanks
Angela Allan Viewed this movie on 12/19 and thinking about it today...so glad I am not the only one perplexed by this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment